Everybody wants to continue their journey in life by moving forward and not looking backward. Some people say that looking behind you will help you learn from your mistakes and possibly avoid repeating them in the future.
To other people, it’s important to not look back and focus on the present and looking ahead the possibilities that the future holds.
When we plan ahead of time before doing things that we are unsure of, we can think of different scenarios in our minds on the potential outcomes of the situation.
Not only that, but you become proactive with the situation and you unconsciously improve your performance.
By thinking ahead of time, you can develop plans for you to easily achieve your goals in life which can be rewarding in the future.
We have read hundreds of quotes on looking ahead and summarized the most inspirational quotes that we’ve found here.
We hope that you read all these quotes and find inspiration in them.
30 Most Inspirational Quotes on Looking Ahead
- It’s better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret.
- I don’t like looking back. I’m always constantly looking forward. I’m not the one to sort of sit and cry over spilled milk. I’m too busy looking for the next cow.
- “You can be discouraged by failure, or you can learn from it. So go ahead and make mistakes, make all you can. Because, remember that’s where you’ll find success – on the far side of failure.”
–Thomas J. Watson
- If I had done this, if I had said that, in the end, you are always more tormented by what you didn’t do than what you did, actions already performed can always be rationalized in time, the neglected deed might have changed the world.
- Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.
–Henry David Thoreau
- You know, I try not to look back, because looking forward is so much better than looking backward.
- I think that power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.
- Don’t look back! A bright future is ahead of you.
- What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
–Henry David Thoreau
- Live and do everything in such a way so that if you look back in time, you shouldn’t say that if I had a time machine I would’ve done it better.
- Then the girl in the cafe taps me on the shoulder, I realize five years went by and I’m older, memories smolder, winters colder, but that same piano loops over and over.
- Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.
–Jon Bon Jovi
- You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
- We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
- The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.
- Faith is moving forward even when things don’t make sense, trusting that in hindsight everything will become clear.
- Set your goal and keep moving forward.
- You know you are on the right track when you become uninterested in looking back.
- The best career advice I’ve gotten is to stay focused and to keep moving forward.
- Stop focusing on what happened and start focusing on what’s going to move you forward.
- You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward. Just take the next step.
- Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.
- If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
–Martin Luther King Jr.
- Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.
–Gordon B. Hinkley
- Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.
- Move forward with purpose.
– Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Let us move forward with strong and active faith.
–Franklin D. Roosevelt
- If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.
- Declare the past, diagnose the present, foretell the future.
–Hippocrates of Cos
- Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.
–Criss Jami, Salomé: In Every Inch In Every Mile
When you look forward to the future, you can have a clearer vision of what is ahead of you and what you can do about it.
Lastly, looking ahead will allow you to look at yourself from the outside which gives you a different perspective of the situation and what you can do about it.