“The pain that you are willing to endure is measured by how bad you want it.”
There are plenty of accomplished athletes in the world, but David Goggins is determined to stand out from the crowd.
Among his peers, Goggins is known as the toughest man alive. In addition to being a world-renowned athlete, he is also a well-known motivational speaker and author.
At one point he held the Guinness World Record for completing 4030 pull-ups in a span of 17 hours. To many people, his journey from being a normal person to a world-famous runner is an inspiration.
Who Is David Goggins?
Mr. David Goggins is a well-known endurance sportsman as well as a popular public speaker and author.
One of the toughest men on Earth, Goggins is an excellent example of how far the human body can go when it’s given the right motivation and willpower.
More than 60 ultra-marathons, triathlons, and ultra-trail events have been completed by Goggins and he has set new course records and consistently finished in the top five.
For 17 hours, he held the Guinness World Record for the most pull-ups completed in one sitting.
The only member of the U.S. armed forces to complete training as a Navy SEAL, Army Ranger, and Air Force tactical air controller, is now a retired Navy SEAL who is very proud of his accomplishments More than 60 ultra-marathons, triathlons, and ultra-triathlons have been completed by Goggins in his career thus far.
Every one of David’s accomplishments appears to be beyond the abilities of the average person.
Goggins, on the other hand, worked as an exterminator who was out of shape and lived paycheck-to-paycheck before becoming a household name. Hard work and self-discipline are the keys to his transformation.
Quotes By David Goggins
Today, David Goggins is known as the man who wins ultramarathon races, performs countless push-ups and pull-ups, and competes in ultra-distance marathons and triathlons.
A Navy SEAL chief and veteran of the Middle East conflict, Goggins served in the US military for two decades.
When he completed the BUD/s course three times in a year, he was the only member of the armed forces to do so in the same year.
Aside from that, he is the only active-duty service member to have completed BUDs, Ranger school, and air controller training.
To know more about what drives David Goggins to be successful in any and every aspect of life, take of look of his motivational and inspirational quotes below:
David Goggins Inspirational Quotes
Here are some David Goggins quotes to motivate you to do your best in all aspects of your life.
- From the time you take your first breath, you become eligible to die. You also become eligible to find your greatness and become the one warrior.
- Life is the most brutal endurance sport of all time!
- If you want to get better, do the things that no one else wants to do.
- The more things you can do to get outside of that zone that makes you feel good, the stronger your mind is going to get… It’s not fun, but now my mind is used to it.
- Mental toughness is a lifestyle.
- You build calluses on your feet to endure the road.
- Believe it or not, most people prefer delusion. They blame others for bad luck or chaotic circumstance.
- If you can get through doing things that you hate to do, on the other side is greatness.
- I don’t stop when I’m tired. I stop when I’m done.
- Greatness pulls mediocrity into the mud. Get out there and get after it.
- You may lose the battle of the morning but don’t lose the war of the day.
- Know why you’re in the fight to stay in the fight! And never forget that all emotional and physical anguish is finite!
- It’s about what we do with opportunities revoked or presented to us that determine how a story ends.
Successful Quotes By David Goggins
Use these David Goggins quotes to help you write your future success story.
- Only you can master your mind, which is what it takes to live a bold life filled with accomplishments most people consider beyond their capability.
- There is always more to learn, and you will always have weaknesses to strengthen if you want to become as hard as woodpecker lips.
- If you want to be one of the few to defy those trends in our ever-softening society, you will have to be willing to go to war with yourself and create a whole new identity, which requires an open mind.
- Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
- Comfort zones: If you live in one too long… that becomes your norm. Get comfortable being uncomfortable.
- When you make excuses, you’re running from the truth. We all want to take this four-lane highway, but we always step over the shovel. All I did was pick up that shovel and made my own path.
- Teach yourself that it isn’t ok to take the easy way out. Make sure you are bothered by the things you set out to do but did not complete or make time for in the day.
- Refused to compromise who I was to conform to their unwritten rules.
- If you run every day, go swim. The only way that you’re ever going to get to the other side of this journey is by suffering. You have to suffer in order to grow.
- My work ethic is the single most important factor in all of my accomplishments.
- The only reason why I became successful was because I went toward the truth. As painful and as brutal as it is, it changed me. It allowed me, in my own right, to become the person who I am today.
- In the military, we always say we don’t rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.
- In order for me to be the person that I wanted to become, I saw myself as the weakest person (that God) ever created. I wanted to change that into being the hardest man ever created.
- But what put distance between me and almost everybody else in that platoon is that I didn’t let my desire for comfort rule me.
Motivational Quotes By David Goggins
In this section, you’ll find David Goggins’s motivational quotes that will inspire you to change your life by pushing yourself to new limits.
- Thicken your skin. Become more of a human being. Don’t be afraid of the reflection in the mirror.
- We live in a society where mediocrity is often rewarded.
- There is no more time to waste. Hours and days evaporate like creeks in the desert.
- Continue to put obstacles in front of yourself, because that’s where you’ll find the friction that will help you grow even stronger. Before you know it, you will stand alone.
- If you’re willing to suffer, and I mean suffer, your brain and body once connected together, can do anything.
- You’re not going to find greatness by looking in a book or by listening to me. I may give you the spark, but you’ve got to go inside yourself to find it.
- It’s going to be hard work, discipline, and the non-cognitive skills – hard work, dedication, sacrifice – that will set you apart.
- You must recognize what you are about to do, highlight what you do not like about it, and spend time visualizing each and every obstacle you can.
- In this life, we’re either getting better or we’re getting worse.
- It’s about what we do with opportunities revoked or presented to us that determine how a story ends.
- We like to live our lives on social media with lies about ourselves about how great we are. Get to the source! Fix the problem.
- If you have any mental toughness, any fraction of self-discipline; the ability to not want to do it, but still do it; if you can get through to doing things that you hate to do: on the other side is greatness.
Empowering Quotes from David Goggins
Here is a collection of David Goggins’s quotations. These could help you feel more confident and conquer your fears.
- If you choose to do something, attack it.
- It’s a lot more than mind over matter. It takes relentless self-discipline to schedule suffering into your day, every day.
- It’s so easy to be great nowadays because everyone else is weak.
- A lot of us don’t know about another world that exists for us because it’s on the other side of suffering. That’s the real growth in life. The things that we decide to run from are the truth.
- Nobody cares what you did yesterday. What have you done today to better yourself?
- I want to see how far I can push myself.
- You are in danger of living a life so comfortable and soft, that you will die without ever realizing your true potential.
- You have to build calluses on your brain just like how you build calluses on your hands. Callus your mind through pain and suffering.
- The only thing more contagious than a good attitude is a bad one.
- Seeds burst from the inside out in a self-destructive ritual of new life.
- The human body can withstand and accomplish a hell of a lot more than most of us think possible, and that it all begins and ends in the mind.
- Be true to whoever or whatever you are and wear it like a badge of honor. Fit in with one person and one person only: yourself.
- The only person who was going to turn my life around was me. The only way I could get turned around was to put myself through the worst things possible that a human being could ever endure.
- You gotta start your journey. It may suck, but eventually, you will come out the other side on top.
- A lot of us don’t know about another world that exists for us because it’s on the other side of suffering. That’s the real growth in life.
- The things that we decide to run from are the truth. When you make excuses, you’re running from the truth.
- We all want to take this four-lane highway, but we always step over the shovel. All I did was pick up that shovel and made my own path.
- Life is a battle between trying to find more of yourself knowing that the real you are afraid, likes comfort, likes to be patted on the back, and doing what you need to do to get better.
- Sounds simple, right? It isn’t. Very few people even bother to try to control the way their thoughts and doubts bubble up.
- Let’s take care of our insecurities because they are going to surface when you put yourself in the crucible and you’re suffering.
- The more things you can do to get outside of that zone that makes you feel good, the stronger your mind is going to get. It starts getting used to doing things like this. It’s not fun, but now my mind is used to it.
- Do the things that no one is even thinking about doing.
David Goggins Quotes About Failure
- Failure is an option.
- Once, I was so focused on failing, that I was afraid to even try.
- What makes me tick is the pain you feel when you do these ultramarathons …I can take a lot of pain.
- In every failure, a lot of good things will have happened, and we must acknowledge them.
- Denial is the ultimate comfort zone.
- Most people who are criticizing and judging haven’t even tried what you failed at.
- Suffering is the true test of life.
- Pain unlocks a secret doorway in the mind, one that leads to both peak performance, and beautiful silence.
- Suffering is a test. That’s all it is.
- As humans, we’re reading books every day to try to figure out how to be someone else. What we don’t do is go inside, turn ourselves inside out, and read our own story.
- I thought I’d solved a problem when really I was creating new ones by taking the path of least resistance.
- Everyone fails sometimes and life isn’t supposed to be fair, much less bend to your every whim.
- They say there’s always light at the end of the tunnel, but not once your eyes adjust to the darkness, and that’s what happened to me.
- We habitually settle for less than our best; at work, in school, in our relationships, and on the playing field or racecourse.
- My happiness is my reflection on the suffering during my journey and knowing that I never quit nor was I guided by anybody on this earth.
Quotes from David Goggin’s “Can’t Hurt Me”
David Goggins is also an author and motivational speaker. The best quotes from Goggins’ autobiography, ‘Can’t Hurt Me,’ are listed below to inspire you.
- It’s funny, humans tend to hatch our most challenging goals and dreams, the ones that demand our greatest effort yet promise absolutely nothing when we are tucked into our comfort zones.
- People take classes on self-help, mental toughness, breathing control – the only way to get tougher is to put yourself in hellacious situations.
- The most important conversations you’ll ever have are the ones you’ll have with yourself.
- The reason it’s important to push hardest when you want to quit the most is because it helps you callous your mind.
- The hard part is getting to that point because the ticket to victory often comes down to bringing your very best when you feel your worst.
- It may be satisfactory, but that’s another word for mediocrity
- Your entitled mind is dead weight. Cut it loose. Don’t focus on what you think you deserve. Take aim on what you are willing to earn!
- When you think that you are done, you’re only 40% into what your body’s capable of doing. That’s just the limits that we put on ourselves.
- Everybody wants a quick fix like 6-minute abs — you may get some results from it, but those results won’t be permanent. The permanent results come from you having to suffer.
- I was the sum total of the obstacles I’d overcome.
- You can tolerate doubt as a backseat driver, but if you put doubt in the pilot’s seat, defeat is guaranteed.
- The bottom line is that life is one big mind game. The only person you are playing against is yourself.