When life gets tough, you may feel like things are slipping through your fingertips. As a result, you may rush forward, fearing that you will fall behind. Sometimes, you even feel like giving up. And it is at these times that you need guiding words to help you hold on.
Giving up is not an option, but holding on can be hard without the right guiding principles. These are hold on quotes are the thoughts of wise members of society who have persevered in the face of great adversity.
Follow in their footsteps, and hold on!
Inspirational Quotes to Hold On
When you are pressed on all sides, it is easy to give up. You may feel overwhelmed, but you can persevere and hold on. Use these quotes in each of the following situations to help you remain resilient in life.
You Can’t See the End, So Don’t Give Up
While you may feel like it’s time to quit, you don’t know what waits around the next bend, and you may find that you are closer to the finish line than you imagine. Holding on for the last few miles is what will win the race of life. So hold on!
1. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
2. If you’re going through hell, keep going.
3. If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.
–H. G. Wells
4. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
–Franklin D. Roosevelt
5. Leap, and the net will appear
Hold On, You Have the Power to Succeed
When you feel like giving up, it is usually when you have lost the measure of your own strength, but you have more power in you than you can imagine. It all boils down to how badly you want something.
6. You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
7. Step by step and the thing is done.
8. It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves
9. Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.
10. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
Use Easy Days to Prepare You for When You Need to Hold On
Life is not always a struggle, but quiet times need to prepare you, not lull you to sleep. Storms are always on the horizon, and then you need to be ready to weather the storm.
11. Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.
12. Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.
13. The will to succeed is important, but what’s more important is the will to prepare.
14. In time of peace prepare for war.
–Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus
15. It is thrifty to prepare today for the wants of tomorrow.
The Recipe to Holding on and Not Giving up Is Living in the Moment
Usually, when you feel like you can’t any more, it is an indication that you worry you will fail or that you can’t achieve something. Yet, you need only hold on in this moment, for you already succeed. Then you hang on to the next, and the next … and you’re there!
16. Nothing is written in stone. So don’t prepare yourself for a long and lucrative career. You might die tomorrow. Your gold holdings might become dust. Just make the music you want to make now and enjoy it.
17. It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
18. Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of moments.
19. Life is a succession of moments, to live each one is to succeed.
20. There are thoughts which are prayers. There are moments when, whatever the posture of the body, the soul is on its knees.
Holding on Is About Letting Go of That Which Holds You Back
Holding on is powerful, but there is a time when you should let go. There is power in letting go and only when your hands are free can you receive blessings.
21. Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.
22. Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
23. Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress.
24. Love isn’t always about hanging on. Sometimes it’s about letting go.
25. By letting go of my fears and concerns, I’ve gained so much happiness and freedom. With that freedom I’ve also gained confidence.
When Holding on Is Over
Everything in life has a limit. Nothing lasts forever, and even holding on has its own time limit. Knowing when it’s time to let go is essential to finding happiness and building mental resilience. There is courage in holding on even when you want to let go, but there is also wisdom in knowing when letting go is not quitting, but rather an act of release.
Are you ready to hold on in the face of adversity, or do you know you are ready to let go?